What information does thenewshook.com collect about you?
There are two types of data that we collect from you when you use our website:
- Your email address, if you choose to sign up for our newsletter
- Device specific information, lilke: unique device identifiers, operating system, the type of device you use, and information about your browser. From your IP address we determine information like your city and country.
Unless otherwise indicated, there is no statutory or contractual requirement for you to provide these data. If you do not provide these data, we might not be able to provide our services to you.
How does thenewshook.com collect this information from you?
We collect your email address using the sign up form in our website’s footer if you choose to sign up for our newsletter.
We collection your device specific information using the third-party analytics tool Google Analytics.
How does thenewshook.com use the information it collects about you?
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
- To send you important information within the scope of our contract with you
- To send you other information you request to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you
- To send you special offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information that you have consented to receive, as long as you want them
- To support our legitimate interest in gaining a better understanding of our website, so we can improve it and your experience
- To correct errors on our website, as necessary to deliver a user friendly experience
When will thenewshook.com disclose your personal data?
We reserve the right to disclose your personal data, as required by law, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against you if you are violating the Terms of Service for this site, or may be causing injury to, or interference (intentionally or unintentionally) with, our company's rights or property, other users of this site, or anyone else who could be harmed by your activities.
We may also disclose your data in the following circumstances:
- When we have your consent to do so
- When we are required to do so by law, such as to respond to a court order
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or software piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of thenewshook.com, our clients, our site visitors, and the public
If we merge with or sell our business to another company, your data will likely be transferred to the other company.
How does thenewshook.com protect your data?
We use a combination of reasonable physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions.
We limit the access employees, contractors, and agents of thenewshook.com have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions and develop or improve our services.
What are thenewshook.com’s storage and data retention practices?
We store your personal data and content on our servers and the servers of our service providers. Because we and our service providers maintain servers in global locations, your personal data may be transferred across national borders and stored outside of the US.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the information you need, and as well to comply with our legal obligations.